Obligations to our customers
1. Poptron DOES NOT come into direct contact with the consignment/s but arranges the shipment through any one of the carriers that we hold an account with either directly or via a third-party broker service with reputable carriers.
2. The carrier has the right to refuse a consignment for a given reason such as insufficient packaging or the consignment being too large. In addition, Poptron has the right to refuse any order/user from our system.
3. All queries/claims must be directed through Poptron, who will then contact the relevant carrier on the sender's behalf. If the carrier is contacted directly prior to contacting Poptron, Poptron may not be able to assist you with your query.
4. If you fail to collect your ordered item during the delivery time, you may contact Poptron to request an alternate collection time.
5. Payment has to be made for product and shipping upon checkout of the site.
6. Universal tracking of shipments across different couriers is available on our website.
Prohibited Items & Items with limited liability
1. If items shipped are different to that declared on the product shipping list, and should it include items that are considered dangerous goods, and is collected by the carrier, shipments are then liable to be charged and your shipment returned. No refund of postage will be made and compensation claims will be void. We have the right to dispose of any Prohibited Items, in whole or in part, as we decide and reserve the right to charge you for any reasonable costs we incur in doing so.
2. It is the merchant's responsibility to either read the terms and conditions or to contact us to see if your parcel is acceptable.
3. Poptron and/or our service provider has the right to intercept, hold and investigate the contents of any parcel that is suspected to contain prohibited items and/or is suspected to be related to a case of fraud. Police will be notified if necessary.
Collection & Delivery
1. The Driver shall not wait at the pick-up point for more than ten (10) minutes from the arrival time at the said pick-up point. The Driver shall not be obligated to comply with the Service-Level Agreement due to any delay by the consignors that leads to late delivery of the Delivery Goods.
2. Our website takes all booking data as per the buyers’ input upon checkout of our system. If the collection does not happen or was not given within the time slot allocated, it is the merchant’s responsibility to inform Poptron via email of a failed or partial collection. We will then endeavour to rearrange another collection that is convenient to the customer. If not reported or given to the courier, orders will be valid for only seven (7) days. Over time, orders will automatically be cancelled through the system without a refund.
3. Collections & deliveries are made on working days only. Kindly refer to the operation hours for federal states:
| PosLaju|| Skynet|
Work: Monday - Sunday
Off: Friday (Alor Star and Jitra Only)
|Kelantan, Terrenganu, Kedah|
Work: Sunday - Thursday, Friday (Half Day)
|Kelantan, Terrenganu, Johor|
Work: Sunday - Thursday, Saturday (Half Day)
Work: Monday - Friday, Saturday (Half Day)
4. Only air waybill/consignment note generated by EasyParcel is acceptable for collection and delivery. Air waybill/consignment note MUST be printed out in good condition.
5. The consignor or representatives have to be at the collection address during collection hours as stated under courier service info. No refunds and recollection of shipments for unattended collection.
6. Please note that all guaranteed services start once the consignment is collected. No refunds will be given once the parcel has been collected by courier riders / dropped at the collection point or courier branch. If the collection fails, it is the consignor's responsibility to inform Poptron to reschedule for the next collection. No refunds or discounts for failed collections.
7. If the consignee is not in during delivery, carrier riders from certain companies may leave a calling card at the doorstep requesting for manual collection. Otherwise, the consignment may be returned to the depot.
8. Third-Party Collections: This is where the consignor is arranging for a collection from a third party, where the collection address does not belong to the account holder.
9. It is the consignor's responsibility to ensure there is somebody at the third-party collection address to hand the goods to the courier
10. Track & Trace details are only available after the collection of consignments.
11. The consignor must request a signature on the Sender’s Copy or PL9 form (for Pos Laju shipments) from the courier rider upon collection.
12. Any shipments which were not attached with a Consignment Note imposes no responsibility upon the courier if anything were to happen to the shipment during transit. One air waybill number is only for ONE shipment/parcel/carton. Sharing of air waybills for multiple numbers of separated shipments is strictly prohibited.
13. For on-demand services, once an order has been successfully placed, cancellation is not allowed and no refund will be given.
1. Shipment charges are calculated according to the higher actual or volumetric weight and any Shipment may be re-weighed and re-measured by a related courier to confirm this calculation. The consignor shall pay or reimburse the courier for all Shipment charges, ancillary charges, duties and taxes owed for services provided by the courier or incurred by the courier on Consignor’s or Receiver’s or any third party’s behalf and all claims, damages, fines and expenses incurred if the Shipment is deemed unacceptable for transport.
2. If a Shipment combines carriage by air, road or another mode of transport, it shall be deemed to have been carried by air.
3. Custom Clearance: You are pre-paying for the postage charges of your consignment/s only. Poptron has no control over any customs queries or charges that may arise. Customs charges must be paid in addition by the receiver when delivery is made. Poptron reserves the right to pass these charges directly onto the person that placed the order. If you do not wish to pay the charges and the consignment is returned, all return charges will also be passed on. Poptron shall not be responsible for any local customs charges, import taxes or duties, temporary import-export charges, shipment return charges or any similar charge(s) incurred through our carriage and/or delivery of any Consignment and you must satisfy yourself as to whether any of these charges will become due, and if so in what amounts, before completing an order with us.If any such charges become due as a result of our carriage and/or delivery of a Consignment on your behalf and are charged to us by any competent authority you agree to reimburse us fully in respect of the same within 7 days of our demand.
4. We charge based on the dimensions and/or weight of each shipment. Our service provider will check on the dimensions and weights of each consignment. In the event that the dimensions and/or weight of a consignment have been under-declared by you upon checking, you agree:
(a) That the dimensions and/or weight that we reasonably determine may be used for the purpose of the calculation of our charges;
(b) We may charge any price difference to you in accordance with our current rates and may also charge an administration fee for correcting such underpayment/additional charges (together, “Additional Charges”);
(c) The additional charges will be debited from your Poptron account directly;
(d) We may suspend your Poptron account if the additional charges are not received by us. Should we exercise this right, we shall not be liable to you in any circumstances for any costs or losses arising directly or indirectly that you may suffer as a result of the suspension.
1. By entering the weight and dimensions of your shipment/s you are pre-paying for the postage. Shipment charges are calculated according to the higher of actual or volumetric weight and any shipment may be re-weighed and re-measured by a related courier to confirm this calculation. If the shipment/s is heavier or larger, extra charges for the additional weight will be charged to the consignor’s account. Additional charges will be at Poptron’s normal rate. A Poptron team member will be in contact with the consignor should a case of weight discrepancy happens.
2. An extra charge for redelivery of any shipment may be charged if the shipper or a person representing the shipper was not available at the shipment venue during the period set for collecting the shipment (both of which were set during the shipment order).
3. Any additional surcharges may be made towards shipments that are meant to be sent to, or collected from, outskirt areas. This will be charged to your Poptron account when the charge amount is updated by the courier.
4. The automated system books and charges for the delivery. If the consignment/s has to be returned, then the return charge is chargeable.
5. You are pre-paying for the postage charges. Any customs charges will be passed on in addition, should they arise.
6. We may supply documentation to accompany your shipments. You will be advised of this at the time of ordering. This documentation must go with the shipment, if not your shipment could be delayed and the carrier may charge you a higher premium directly.
1. Any item that is listed in our prohibited items, will be exempted from any claim against delay, damage and loss. Please check with Poptron for more information.
2. Your consignment/s must be packed to a professional standard. Any claim resulting from a parcel that is not packaged to a professional standard will be rejected. All items must be packed in a double-walled box with further padding surrounding the item.
3. In the event of damage all packaging must be kept for inspection. The item must be available for inspection in the state it was delivered, at the address, it was delivered to. If the item is moved/repaired or if the packaging is not kept, the claim will be rejected.
4. Any item shipped through our services must be able to withstand a short drop. Fragile items should not be sent through our services. Any item that is damaged as a result of a fall, with the packaging intact will therefore be declined.
5. If the outside packaging is intact, then any claim for damage to the consignment will be invalidated as the internal packaging would not have been sufficient to protect the product.
6. If the box or packaging is clearly damaged on delivery, it is of paramount importance the recipient must sign for it as 'DAMAGED' otherwise any claim for damage will be refused. It is the consignor’s responsibility to inform the recipient of these terms and conditions.
7. There will be no refund on the shipping fee for all lost and damaged parcels.
8. All lost (delivered to the wrong receiver, parcel content is missing or swapped, no update on tracking status after collected by courier rider/dropped off to courier branch or point) and damaged parcels have to be reported within the time frame specified by each courier companies from the delivery of parcel based on Poptron's record.
9. Lost and damaged parcels reported after 7 working days upon receipt will not be eligible for the compensation claim. Poptron and our service providers will not be responsible for any delay in responding to you about the same.
10. The compensation amount shall be based on the value declared during booking, the value stated on the invoice or the maximum coverage offered by courier companies, whichever is lower.
These Terms and Conditions operate to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision (or any part thereof) of these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed illegal, unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable under the law of any jurisdiction, then that provision (or any part thereof) shall be deemed severable from these terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions in such jurisdiction nor the validity and enforceability of the provision in question under the law of any other jurisdiction.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and any claims or disputes of whatever nature shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.
Last updated on May 28, 2021